A few of my favorite things
I don’t know why, but right now I just have an urge to make a list of some of the things that I love. Maybe it can tell you something about me? I don’t want the list to go on forever, so let’s keep it fairly short and sweet, shall we? In no particular order…
1) I love giant quart sized water bottles. I love drinking water! Soda doesn’t usually interest me and milk is a breakfast drink or a snack. Juice is good, but there is nothing like the taste of good water to me! It’s pure.
2) I also really love music. What is my favorite kind of music? Depends on the day. Honestly, there are few types of music I don’t enjoy. I will draw the line at explicit profanity and vulgarity/graphic content, though. I also don’t care too much for screamo [I do like Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, though, and Linkin Park. (Though I don’t really know that I’d classify them as entirely screemo)], or rap (unless it is a part of the song, or it is by Fort Minor. And clean.), but I do like most everything else. Pop speaks to my girly side, oldies speak to my soul, hip hop and latin speak to my inner dancer (WAY inner), rock/alternative rock speaks to my inner rock star (we ALL have one of those), jazz/big band speaks to my romantic side somewhat, and country speaks to my heart. Actually, country speaks to my whole every thing. I’m talking about REAL country. Like George Strait, Jimmy Buffet, Alan Jackson, Dolly Parton, Faith Hill, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, etc… Not Taylor Swift “Pop-Country”, though I do love her music.
The photo has my iPod and Water to demonstrate the size…
3) I love crocheting. I love having a gigantic ball of yarn and turning it into something useful. Or at least something cool. I once made a dress without having to sew any of the pieces together, or by stopping the yarn in one place and picking it up in another. I just kept going. 🙂
I’m making a scarf! I think… For all I know, it could turn into a blanket… Wanna make me happy? Buy me cool yarn.
4) I love the Manti Temple. I’ve only gotten to see it in person about 2 or 3 times, but I love it. One day-if my future spouse (Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid, or Robert from Enchanted, or whoever he is) agrees-I want to get sealed for time and all eternity in this temple. It’s my absolute favorite.
My mom gave me this to go in my room at school. I love it!!!!
5) I love the couch in my room. It reminds me of The Big Comfy Couch. If you haven’t seen or heard of that show, I am so, so sorry. Your childhood was not as great as mine.
It’s so fluffy I want to [sleep]!
6) I love paintings of Jesus Christ. It is interesting to me that so many different artists usually depict him in a similar way. I love my savior. I can guarantee that my future home will have many paintings (even if they are just replicated photos) of the savior. Home is where the heart is and I can think of no one else who knows my heart better.
I love this one of Martha and Mary. How wonderful would it have been to be able to listen to and serve the savior in person? I’m glad that one day I will be able to see my Heavenly Brother again. 🙂
7) I love my teddy bear Cinderella. I got her when I was in Girl Scouts, on a field trip to Build-a-Bear. The funny story is that I asked my friend’s mom how to spell Cinderella at the same time she asked my mom how to spell it for her bear. Cinderella is about 11/12 years old.
Call me childish, if you want. I just like stuffed animals and Barbie dolls. Reminds me of the good ol’ days.
8) I love Tinker Bell and I love notebooks (as described in my facebook status earlier today). This one is my own personal journal. I love writing in my journals whenever I can. It makes me happy to be able to write down all of my thoughts and feelings.
Tinker Bell Journal: Epitome of awesomeness.
9) I love the T.V. show Friends. I have watched every episode, plus I cried when the last one aired. I used to think that when I grew up I would have friends like them.
I took some quiz on TBS.com and it said I was most like Rachel. She is my favorite character on the show, after all.
10) I love words. Like, in general. Some words are pretty stinkin’ cool! In one of my English classes in high school I had to use a book that talked about the etymology of words. The origins. Why a word means what it does. That’s just really cool stuff. Don’t believe me? Do you have a favorite word? What does it mean? Why does it mean that? When was it originally used? Prognosticate… See what happens.
Okay, so those are only 10 things that are some of my favorites. To be completely honest, I have a lot more favorites. Want to know what they are? Maybe I’ll continue to add to this list, or maybe you can just ask me!
Goodnight, my lovelies!