With 2014 approaching quite quickly, I want to spend a few moments to reflect on what has happened in my life and what I want to have happen next year.
This last year has been crazy and it has been wonderful. I’ve met so many people that I now can’t imagine my life without. It was my last year as a teenager (I turn 20 in Feb.) and it was yet another year of firsts.
I’m not going to write all of my stories, for many of them are quite personal and have been written in my journal, where they will stay. If you really want to know, ask me in person. 🙂
Without further adieu, here is my list of 20 random things that happened to me in 2013 (You can skip this part if you want. It was more for my benefit of writing it. Selfish, I know. 😉 :
1) I have sent off 5 of my good friends on missions! There are many more that I know that have received their call this year as well.
2) Because of #1, I have sent off more letters than I ever have before.
3) The beginning of summer was really emotional with friends leaving and with finally being home after a year away.
4) The rest of summer was magical and wonderful and I made memories that I will never forget.
6) I got my first real job that wasn’t connected to family or babysitting. I worked at Old Navy for about a month before leaving for BYU again. Let me tell you, I was happy to leave ON.
7) I applied for and got a position as a Resident Assistant at BYU. #ResLife4Life I love it and I don’t want it to end.
8) I finally am living on my own. No mom and dad, no brother always there, no grandparents. Just me. At times it was hard, but it was worth it. I also still have Andrew near by, so that is a huge comfort.
9) I went from being the youngest person in my singles’ ward at the beginning of the year, to being the 4th oldest.
10) I came up with the best way to describe to my girls how I see the 18 year old boys in our ward. “You know how you see the 16 year old guys in your wards back home? That’s how the 18 year old boys look to me.”
11) I have cried less than I did last year and the things I have cried about have been completely different.
12) I am realizing that I am becoming a real adult.
13) I changed my major. Quite drastically, I might add.
14) I am starting to see some things differently.
15) I started to love Superman and now he is my favorite superhero.
16) I left my car back home and I miss driving my baby around.
17) I miss the friends who are back home and who are around the world in various places serving the Lord.
18) One of them I miss more than the others by quite a bit, but I won’t tell them that, because that wouldn’t be fair.
19) I have found that I value those who treat others as equals. I have found more qualities in human beings that I want to find in a future spouse, whenever that time comes for me.
20) I have figured out a lot about myself and I am excited to know me more. 🙂
Now, here is a list of 20 goals I have for 2014. I say goals, because resolutions never work for me. (I know I am not alone here…):
1) I want to start going to the gym regularly. On some kind of schedule. I know I feel much happier when I go, plus the cannon commons’s food isn’t helping my weight…
2) I want to have an improved, set sleep schedule that I do not stray from unless it is for a VERY good reason.
3) I want to be more of an open person. I tend to become a hermit if I am not careful.
4) I want to go on more dates. This is because I want to make more friends and get to know more people on more than just an artificial level. I’m not looking for my future husband right now. (Though, if he were to show up, I wouldn’t turn him away. I feel that I could actually be ready for a real relationship. Scary and exciting, huh?)
5) I want to get out of my room more. Even if it’s just to walk around the block a few times, I want to spend more time in the sun.
6) I want to try something new. I don’t know what yet, but I will do it!
7) I want to continue to strengthen the friendships I already have.
8)I want to increase my knowledge of my savior and to better understand God’s will for me.
9) I want to improve my singing ability and not be afraid to share it with others. The only way my talent is going to be shown is if I show it. Simple, right?
10) I want to put my 100% effort into each of the classes I have. I want to make good grades and not miss assignments because they may not seem like they are worth my time.
11) I want to figure out where my niche is. For far too long I have been the “theatre kid” and I want to show the world that I am so much more.
12) I want to actually start saving my money. I eventually want to go on a study abroad or to just go on a trip to the UK, so I need to start working towards that.
13) I want to be more consistent in my letter writing to my missionary friends.
14) I want to be 100% in my visiting teaching each month.
15) I want to develop more talents that I didn’t know I had.
16) I want to read more.
17) I want to live more.
18) I want to dance more.
19) Laugh more.
20) I want to sing more and more loudly.
So, those are my things. I am sure there are more, but it’s what I can think of for now.